Monday, October 8, 2007

Very tight race.


It was an extremely tight race over the past 2 months, ups and downs, thicks and thins, straight stretches, and wild curves.

The Mustache-off between Jeremy R Jansen, Nicholas Brown, and myself, Samuel James, has come to its conclusion, 2 months in the waiting, and I am proud to hold the title as Mustache champion.
It's going to be a lot of shoe to fill, but I intend to keep this little furry trinket right where it belongs.

A show of hope for all man, a sign of the future for all children, and a statement for all to see.
I am Mustache, hear me roar.

Growing up, I wanted a batmobile, a leather jacket, and a mustache.
Those where dreams I could never have until this great day.

I thank you all for voting me your peoples champion, but I also thank my fellow competitors for their devotion to what never was a real "competition", rather a brotherly appreciation for a long lost mark of men.

Let your upper lip grow men, let it be free as the wild grass in the fields to the west, free as the migrating fowl, to set up shop wherever it is fit.

Let there be mustaches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was a bit choked the first day, having wanted the win so bad, but now that my face is clean shaven I can't help but feel that it would have been a disgrace if I had won and promptly shaved it off. You're carrying the torch, and thus are the true champ no matter what. Now we have Toby to groom as the next generation.