Friday, May 18, 2007

harsh, I guess?

Today was a good one, full of spontaneous action.

Went for lunch at the Golden Turtle, and despite claims that they serve up the best bowl of pho in the city, I will have to say that they don't.
Good, but not the best. They get points for broth clarity, but it doesn't cover the fact that there is a better contender for "Toronto's best".
Pho Asia 21 all the way.
It's close to home.
It's affordable.
It's fucking delicious.
102 Large.
100% of the time, its good every time.

Then Dennis and and I went to Ideal just up the street, to grab a coffee.
I don't even think I can give them a fair criticism.

* Edited for non-confrontationalism*

And to put this thing to rest, what the fuck is with being a hippie shop, in kensington, blabbing about organic/fair trade, and serving your to go coffees in Styrofoam!!!

It's harsh, I know, but it has to be said.
If nobody was honest, we'd all suck at what we do.

So after that, I was gonna bike up to Zucc's for the competition meeting, but I thought I'd call Matt and ask if it was Davenport or Dupont, and he was apparently a block away from me, so rather than bike my ass up there, Matt was ever so kind to lend a seat in his car to myself, as well as Miss Amber Roga, of various establishments in this fine city.
(Edward would have worded such a phrase less eloquently, I believe*)
Showed up in a France jersey, because of course I don't think with enough foresight to consider that an Italian business, in a Portuguese neighborhood may not be welcoming of the golden cock.
No troubles though.

Then we zipped downtown and caught newly opened http://www.justuscoffee.com/ on Queen at Portland, just in time for closing.
Aw well, another day.

So after all that, I witnessed a scenario at the Queen Bathurst streetcar stop, which involved a drunken man, his woman, and their giant dog, mouthing off at the shop owner of the smoke shop with the cigar Indian, who was wielding an extendabat, shouting wildly, with the legs of his pants torn to shreds, in what was apparently a scuffle turned dog attack, turned knife threat, turned cigar indian vandalism, turned police interference, turned arrest.
Intense.

Then I did some shit, and wrote this, and now its time to do the initial half of the namesake of this blog.


Jah Jah.

No comments: