Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Toronto Bullshit Society

Skated yesterday with Rob and Will of the Alcatraz camp, over at the newly reopened Dundas and Bathurst park.

It's an OK park.
OK, in fact that the only good thing about it is the smooth ground, which upon re-evaluation, I don't like as much as porous cement.
The smooth shit is just TOO smooth, feels unstable.

Saw some dudes I haven't seen in a while.
Saw some dudes I intentionally haven't seen in a while.
I don't think skate parks are the best place for me to go skate.
There are always people there who I don't wanna see, and just being around them makes me feel sick.
Even more so when they live in my neighborhood.

In other bummer news, Adrift skateshop officially kicked off the best guy on their team.
The week after he came home from an adventure in Asia.
Too bad for Che.

I wonder if they're gonna replace him with Lupe Fiasco?
Or maybe with another wall of limited edition t's?

The status of skateboarding in Toronto is pretty weak.
There isn't one good skateshop that can keep on top of their shit.
I went out a couple weeks ago totry and buy a board, and I couldnt even spend the $100 bucks in my wallet.
Everybody is out of stock, or only carries kiddy shit, or is closed mondays, or sells BMX bikes.

Whatevs.

Yah, so then Rob, Will, and I toured over to Chippy's for some fries.
Smoked some dirt in the park, had a bulldog come over for a toke, it was pretty awesome.
I'm all about Trinity Bellwoods these days.
Its such a mellow park.
Really clean, nice people, you could chill all day, no hassles. Its a rad park.

I wrote some funny things on the fry container, and put in on top of the garbage in the can, so somebody else could see it, and get a laugh.

Go to Chippy's and eat fries.
The guy working the deep fryer yesterday was the best person I have seen in a while.
He was living a metalhead fantasy.
I noticed him instantly. Goat Horn meshback, long hair, gigantic boils on his skin and face, clothes spotted with grease, awesome set of teeth, rocking out to speed metal.
He's wanted to work a fry machine since before Beavis and Butthead made it even cooler.
I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

about che: brutes.

Samuel said...

as andrew wk would say "totally stupid!!!!!!!"